Molde Cathedral was completed in 1957 and was consecrated the first Sunday of Advent that year. The church was designed by Finn Bryn and stands as one of the main building, representatives of the Norwegian church architecture after World War II. The church is tall and appears to be simple and clean, while the symbols and references to the old kind of church are many. The connection to the 30-century functionalism is also evident
The Cathedral received the status of cathedral in 1983 in connection with the establishment of the Møre diocese. Architect Bryn was commissioned to design Molde church after winning a competition for a new church in Molde in 1948, with the project "Contemplation". Although there were many rounds en route in the construction process, the church now appears as a beautiful building in the city.
The Church consists of a building with a congregation of premises in the basement, an office wing and a chapel, and a separate kampanilie (bell tower). The church is constructed of concrete, and in the period 2000 - 2008, the entire structure has been rehabilitated.
The church room consists of a large rectangular vessel with a lower aisles on the north side. The ceiling is painted sky decorated by Carsten Lien, painted by Sverre Lura and Roy Augustin. The ship that hangs from the ceiling is probably from the first church on the site (1661).
The altarpiece is made of Stinius Fredriksen. Otherwise hangs also the alter from the earlier church (1887), the painting "Women at the grave" by Axel Ender to the left of the pulpit and chancel and altar cross from the first church (1661) hangs at the baptismal font to the right of the choir. Glass paintings on the church's north wall is made of Oddmund Kristiansen, while the rose window of the church's west wall was designed by Finn Bryn.
The organ is from 1999 and made by Rieger Orgelbau in Austria. It has 50 votes and facade architecture is formed by organ pipes without visible organ. The choice of this architecture is an extension of the church's first organ from West Organ Factory.
In the basement of the cathedral it was decorated in autumn 2008 and completed primary and secondary facilities. This has been great locations where it will be possible to run good activities for the audience. The facilities include a kiosk / swarm areas, climbing wall, shooting range, group and an assembly hall in the round part under the chancel.